NSWPC Event Funding Guidelines
Guidelines and the application process have recently been updated. Please ensure you have read and understand the guidelines to maximise approval chances.
The NSWPC funding guidelines and any information relating to the APF Fi Fund is accurate at the time of publication (16/6/19), and is subject to change. Applicants are encouraged to contact the NSWPC State Coach at StateCoach.firstname.lastname@example.org with any funding queries.Funding Objectives
- Sports Retention – Matriculation of members through AFF and BRels to B licence
- Sports Progression – Providing opportunities and motivating members to achieve new crests (Star, HU, HD, WS, CRW, CP) or to further advance skills in specific disciplines where a need arises
- Competition Participation – Increasing participation at state or national championships
- Canopy Education – Education on safe and responsible canopy piloting across all levels of experience, particularly events focusing on lower experience jumpers
- Sports Promotion – Promoting the sport to a wider public audience
Events falling under objectives 1 through 4 should have clearly articulated goals to:
- Provide quality coaching/educational opportunities for members, and
- Maintain / improve high standards for safety in the sport
- The NSWPC will handle events up to $500 without APF support.
- Total funding requests between $500 and $1500 will be asked to request 50% of funding from the APF Fi Fund Level 1 after NSWPC approval
- Events exceeding $1500 will need to apply for APF Fi Fund Funding at level 2 or 3, and should contact the State Coach or National Coach before submitting an application
Further information on the APF Fi Fund is available at (https://www.apf.com.au/members/apf-fiona-mceachern-sport-development-fund/APF-Sport-Development-Funding)
Funding is provided post event, and is subject to the event being run as described in the approved application. Pre-funding for events is not available.
- 3 weeks prior to the event (<$500) or
- 4 weeks prior to event (>$500, requiring APF Funding) to allow sufficient time for APF Fi Fund approval.
- Draft an event plan and budget
- Find a date that works for the DZ and does not clash with other NSWPC funded events
- Approach the DZ for support (slots, accommodation, etc)
- → Submit an application to the NSWPC for funding
- Receive revisions or approval from NSWPC State Coach
- → If >$500, the State Coach will then advise you to approach the APF Fi Fund for funding
Coaches may participate in jumps, or may ground coach. Typically they are expected to:
- Determine learning objectives of participants
- Provide a detailed briefing
- Provide a detailed video debrief
- Identify learning objectives for the proceeding jump
- Provide feedback on safe and responsible canopy piloting.
Finally, coaches should have several documented seminars that could be presented in case jumping is suspended (or be prepared to forego coaching fees when jumping is suspended).
Load organisers typically motivate jumpers by providing jump briefings, participating on jumps and debriefing without technical analysis. Their role is to put bums on seats and keep aircraft turning. As such, they can usually expect to spend more time jumping and less time debriefing. They may expect their slot to be partially or entirely covered by the DZ, but do not typically receive a fee.
Guide for fees
|Load Organiser||Has skills in discipline. May meet coach criteria below, but engaged in a load organiser capacity.||–|
|New Coach||Has competed in Open category of discipline at a reasonable standard; has been recommended by State Coach or NSWPC delegate as a coach.||$100-200|
|Experienced Coach||Coaching experience; Has competed several times in Open category of a National competition in discipline at a high standard; Has sought coaching from national or international experts; recommended by State Coach or NSWPC delegate as an experienced coach.||$250|
|Expert Coach||Extensive coaching experience; Extensive and current competition experience in discipline, preferably at international events; Sought international coaching from discipline leaders; recommended by State Coach or NSWPC delegate as an expert coach.||$300+|
Accommodation and travel expenses
These costs will only apply for coaches or camera flyers traveling to a non-local DZ. Event organisers are encouraged to use local camera flyers where practical. Reasonable expenses are expected, ie., cost of fuel, reasonable accommodation costs. In most instances, cheap accommodation options available on DZ should be considered, and may be able to be considered as part of the DZ contribution.
In unusual circumstances, other expenses may be considered for funding applications, such as rig hire for Brel students, aircraft ferry for special events or ground assistance for large or complex events. Consider your needs carefully before applying for other expenses.
Packjobs, beer, DJ’s and other non-skydiving costs are not considered. Reasonable BBQ or other catering costs can be included, to keep people on the DZ after jumping as a debrief and networking opportunity. However, these should only be included in budgets when the opportunity for DZ support for the event is limited (ie., a canopy course where coach slots are not required), and the DZ is contributing these costs.
- Is the largest source of funding the NSWPC/APF?
- Are we asking for more than $25/d per event participant?
|Coach Fee||Experienced Coach||$200|
|Coach Slot||6 jumps @ $40||$240|
|Camera Slot||6 jumps @ $40||$240|
|Participant Rego||$25pp, $10ea used for BBQ||$210|
|DZ Support||6 camera slots @ $40||$240|
|Coach Fee||Expert Canopy Coach, $400/d x 2 days||$800|
|Coach Costs||Travel and Accommodation||$200|
|Ground Assistant||New Coach, videoing and learning (accommodation)||$100|
|Participant Rego||$30pp per day||$480|
|DZ Support||Accom (Coach and GA), allowance for HP loads||$300|
|Expert Coach Fee||$300/d x 2 days||$600|
|New Coach Fee||$150/d x 2 days||$300|
|Coach + Camera Slots||24 coach slots + 24 camera slots @ $40||$1920|
|Participant Rego||$40pp per day||$960|
|DZ Support||Expert coach slots||$960|
|NSWPC Funding||50% Share||$450|
|APF Fi Fund||50% Share||$450|
- Funds are available ONLY for skydiving events at NSWPC area dropzones. It is a core component of funding that NSWPC members are being encouraged to skydive locally. Interstate events, tunnel events or non-skydiving events will not attract funding.
- Each event receiving funding requires a written report addressing how the above goals and objectives for the event were met, including a break-down of costs. This will be required before funds are released.
- Advertisement pre and summary post event on social media and the NSWPC and APF homepage are strongly encouraged. Any event attracting NSWPC funding will be required to list NSWPC as a sponsor in advertising and event materials.
- The NSWPC and the APF Fi Fund are restricted each year, and funds do run out. Submit your application early enough to ensure you have approval before advertising you event.
Once you have read all of the funding guidelines above, submit your funding application on the Funding Applications page.